What Can You Do to Protect your Personal Information?
You play a very important role in protecting your information. Here are some tips to help keep your personal information protected.
- Choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess. Don’t use personal information such as your birth date, address or pet’s name as a password. Keep your passwords for each account unique, and don’t write your passwords down in a place where others could find them.
- Use antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer. Keep your operating system up to date and install the latest security patches. See the links below for more information on protecting your PC.
- Remember that we will never ask for personal information such as passwords and account numbers through email.
- Stay Alert! If you notice anything suspicious, please contact us immediately.
- Check your credit report at least once a year to make sure there is no unauthorized activity. See below for information on obtaining a free credit report.